Monday, May 6, 2013

The Kangaroo!!!



Throughout the trip so far, I was slightly disappointed with the australian cuisine. nothing really seemed to be uniquely australian. There is a ton of asian and american influence , but i havent found a unique australian food staple. There are these tasty little sausage rolls and meat pies, but that's it so far. However, little did I know that my luck was soon to change with food.
I finally tasted kangaroo! Not going to lie, it was pretty good. I ordered a mixed grill plate that had crocodile, kangaroo, pork, and beef. The different meats were absolutely awesome! The kangaroo tasted like a medium rare steak. It was really chewy but overall very good. The crocodile reminded me of chicken (the usual stereotypical taste).
I was worried about trying kangaroo, but the plate proved to be a nice surprise.




No comments:

Post a Comment